Getting a grip on your finances is an important part of living financially free. Often times, the focus is generally on cutting back expenses to cover the bare necessities, but imagine if there was another way? Cutting expenses is an excellent place to get started, however, finding an additional source of income won’t only provide you the financial freedom you’re seeking, it will also allow you the freedom to sustain your current lifestyle. Listed below are 9 ways to make some extra cash:
- Sell Photos – Do you have an eye for photography? If you answered yes, you may be able to sell your photographs to stock photo sites such as iStock, Adobe, Shutterstock, and many other sites. Whether you’re skilled or a newbie; you can still have the chance to earn some cash. Most of these sites pay on a per download basis in which you get paid a percentage each time someone downloads your photo.
- Teach Online Classes – If you’re just starting out, or a pro, there’s something that you’re probably good at! Using your skills to make some extra cash is possible thanks to platforms like Teachable.com and Udemy. Many people use this as a way to earn income, but you don’t have to be an expert to take advantage of this option.
- Drive People Around – Driving part-time, or even full-time can earn you some serious cash by partnering as a driver for Lyft and/or Uber. Whether you’re looking for a main source of income or just something on the side, this option is a popular one for most people.
- Be a Dog Walker – Sites like Wag and Rover.com allow people to make extra cash by pet sitting for busy individuals. These companies let you work whenever on your own schedule. If these programs aren’t available in your area yet, you can always contact local grooming and boarding business and see if they’ll pay you for pet sitting or dog walking.
- Sell Things You Find on Craigslist – Craigslist is widely known as a marketplace for people to buy and sell services and used goods. Many people aren’t aware of the fact that there are many free items listed on Craigslist. Sometimes people don’t have space for something and really don’t want to deal with the headache of listing on sale for days on end, so they would rather give it away for free. Some of these free items actually have some serious value if listed for sale. One helpful tip is to look out for free items that are also currently listed for sale on the site. This will be a good indicator that the free item has real value. You can always restore a damaged item you find on Craigslist and resell it for more.
- Sell Your Old Clothes – We know the feeling of walking into a consignment store and finding out your expensive shirt you bought and never wore is only worth $4. Thankfully there is a site called Poshmark to help you get more than $4 for your unworn shirt. This site allows you to list your clothing for sale until you get the amount you want and they also include a free shipping label for when your item sells.
- Rent Out Your Extra Bedroom – If you have an extra bedroom available in your home, or constantly traveling, you can rent out your bedroom on a site called Airbnb. Many people use this service to rent out their extra bedrooms, as well as their entire house! Rentals could be short term or long term, depending on how often you’d like people renting your home. This can be a lucrative side hustle!
- Sell Your Services – Do you think you’re good at assembling furniture? Are you able to lift heavy items with ease? Do you feel that you’re great at organizing? If your answer was a yes to any of those questions, then companies like Thumbtack and Task Rabbit are perfect for you to sign and up and start earning money! They have many other options for people with different skill sets as well.
- Be a Meal Delivery Person – Companies like Uber Eats, Postmates, and GrubHub are always looking for new delivery people to join their growing force. It’s as easy as signing up, signing on, and delivering orders in your spare time, or full-time.